Accepting enrollment applications for 2016/2017 school year.
Thank you for your interest in Dryden Montessori School. This program is centered on the teachings of Maria Montessori, combining the Montessori prepared environment with French, music, and yoga. This blend of subjects nurtures the whole child - mind, body & spirit.
Below are links for enrollment forms.
Enrollment Agreement (pdf)
Start of Year Checklist (pdf)
Parent Handbook (pdf)
Admission starts with an observation of our classroom and facility by a parent. You will have an opportunity to talk with the director and ask questions after the observation either on site or on the phone. You will then be invited for a visit with your child. The director and head teacher will have an opportunity to meet with both you and your child. During this time the director will determine if your child is ready for the primary 2 1/2-5yr program.
When you send in your application we will review the information. If it is mutually agreed that the program is a good fit for your child, you will be offered placement based on available space.
Upon enrollment you will receive an enrollment contract, a school calendar, parent handbook and health forms required for your file. Tuition will be divided into monthly payments with the first payment due the 15th of the month prior to enrollment.
Is Your Child Developmentally Ready for a 2 1/2 to 5 Montessori Classroom ?
Our program is designed for children between the ages of 2 1/2 and 5 years of age. All children are different, and some are developmentally ready to begin at about 2 1/2, while others will be more successful if they wait until they are a bit older.
A child who is developmentally ready for a classroom experience is…
- fairly independent in the bathroom. Children should be comfortable using the toilet and be able to clean up and wash their hands on their own. We do understand that most 2 1/2 to 5 year olds have accidents and these are handled in a relaxed and low-key manner.
- able to sit together in a group for short periods while listening to a story or engage in activities.
- able to follow simple directions.
- is willing to let teacher help demonstrate a lesson on a complete work cycle: i.e. take out an activity, work with it and return it before choosing something new.
- willing to let the teacher demonstrate a lesson on a complete work cycle: i.e. take out an activity, work with it and return it before choosing something new.
- able to communicate basic needs to the teacher and other children appropriately - fluency in English is not necessary.
If you have any questions please contact us at 607-327-3063 or email at Marianne@DrydenMontessori.com
We appreciate your interest in Dryden Montessori School and look forward to hearing from you.